XIV. Subject Committee On Food & Supplies
276. Constitution of the Subject Committee on Food & Supplies -.
(1) There shall be a Committee to be called the Subject Committee on Food & Supplies consisting of not more than nine members to be nominated by the Speaker;
(2) The term of office of the members of the Committee shall be one year.
277. Functions of the Committee on Food & Supplies: –
1) The functions of the Committee shall be-
(i) to scrutinize the demands for grants;
(ii) to examine the working of these departments and to suggest measures for improvement in administration and in different programmes/schemes/projects;
(iii) to examine legislation;
(iv) to advise Government on a question of policy or legislation on which Government may consult a Committee;
(v) to discuss generally and formulate views on-
(a) State’s Five Year Plan Programmes relating to the department and their implementation;
(b} Reports of any statutory or other body, including any Commission of Inquiry, which are laid before the House relating to these departments; and
(c) Annual Performance Report of the department. .
(2) The Subject Committee shall not examine or investigate matters of day-to-day administration.