|Date Of Birth|| 15-09-1947
|Birth Place||Village Sanghi (Rohtak), Haryana.|
|Father's Name|| Late Ch. Ranbir Singh|
|Marital Status|| married|
|Spouse Name|| Smt. Asha Hooda|
|No. Of Sons|| 1|
|No. Of Daughters|| 1|
|Qualifications|| B.A, LL.B|
|Place Of Education|| Educated at Panjab University , Chandigarh and University of Delhi, Delhi.|
|Present Profession|| Agriculture and Politics|
|Language Known|| Hindi, English, Punjabi.|
|Social Activities|| Secretary, Jat Education Society, Rohtak, Haryana. Member, Managing Committee, DAV Educational Society, Hassangarh, Haryana; Working for Social Cohesiveness and upliftment of poor people of the society.|
|Hobbies|| Reading, Sports and Social Services|
|Favourite Past Time|| Reading and Sports.|
|Sports And Clubs|| Cricket, Badminton and Lawn Tennis; Colour Holder in Lawn Tennis and promotion of sports in rural areas.|
|Foreign Travels|| Hong Kong, Japan. South Korea, UAE and former USSR, Pakistan ,China. Nepal, U.K., France, Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Singapore, Mauritius, USA and Canada.|
|Office If Any|| President, All India Young Farmers Association Haryana, Ex-Member Market Committee, Rohtak. Director, New Bank of India, 1989 to 1992; Secretary, Farmers Parliamentary Forum, 1991 Onwards; Fonder Member and Working President of All India Freedom Fighters Successors Organization Working President, National Federation Railway Porters, Vendors and Bearers.
• 1972-77 President, Block Congress Committee, Kiloi, Haryana.
• 1980-82 Senior Vice President, Haryana Pradesh Youth Congress.
• 1982-83 : President, Haryana Pradesh Youth Congress.
• 1983-87 : Chairman, Panchayat Samiti, Rohtak.
• 1984-87 : Chairman, Panchayat Parishad, Haryana.
• 1991 : Elected to 10th Lok Sabha.
• 1992 To onwards, Member, All India Congress Committee.
• 1994 To onwards, Member, Executive Committee, Congress Parliamentary Party.
• 1994-96 : Convenor, Haryana Congress Parliamentary Group.
• 1996 : Re-elected to 11th Lok Sabha (2nd Term).
• 1996-97 : Member, Standing Committee on Agriculture.
• 1997-2002: President, Haryana Pradesh Congress Committee.
• 1998 : Re-elected to 12th Lok Sabha (3rd Term). Member, Executive Committee of Congress Parliamentary Party.
• 1998-99 : Member, Committee on Agriculture; Member, Committee on Subordinate Legislation; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Communication.
• 2000 : Elected to 9th Haryana Vidhan Sabha from Kiloi Constituency.
• 2002-2004 : Leader of Opposition in Haryana Assembly.
• 2004 : Re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha (4th Term).
• 2005 : Elected to 11th Haryana Vidhan Sabha (bye election, from Kiloi Constituency with a record margin of 1,03,635 votes.
• March 4, 2005 : Elected Leader of Haryana Congress Legislative Party.
• March 5, 2005 : Sworn in as Chief Minister of Haryana (1st Term).
• 2009 : Elected to 12th Haryana Vidhan Sabha from Garhi Sampla-Kiloi Constituency.
• October 25, 2009 : Sworn in as Chief Minister of Haryana (2nd Term).
• 2014 : Elected to 13th Haryana Vidhan Sabha from Garhi Sampla Kiloi constituency.
• 10.09.2019 : Leader of Opposition in Haryana Assembly.
• 10.09.2019 : CLP Leader.
• 24.10.2019 : Elected to 14th Haryana Vidhan Sabha from Garhi Sampla-Kiloi Constituency with highest margin in Haryana.
• 04.11.2019 : Leader of Opposition in Haryana Assembly.
• 04.11.2019 : CLP Leader.
|Confrences Attended|| World Youth Festival in U.S.S.R., World Parliamentary Conference in China, International Conference in USSR as a delegate of AICC and OISCA and International Conference in Japan and South Korea.|
|No. Of Times Elected||5|
|Years Of Election|| MLA - 2000, 2005, 2009, 2014, 2019.
Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) - 4 Times (1991, 1996, 1998 and 2004)|
|Favourite Subjects|| History and Life details of Great Leaders.|
|Permanent Address|| Matu Ram Bhawan, Model Town, Delhi Road, Rohtak, Haryana.|
|Total Votes|| 203061|
|Total Votes Polled|| 148175|
|Winning Candidate Votes|| 97755|
|Nearest Rival Votes|| 39443|
|Other Information|| Belong to a renowned freedom fighter family, father Ch. Ranbir Singh was a freedom fighter and member of the Constituent Assembly who was imprisoned several times during the freedom movement. He also remained closely associated with Mahatma Gandhi during the later’s visit to Rohtak and nearby district of Punjab. He had a rare distinction of being member of Seven different Houses in India’s democratic history and this feat has been registered and acknowledged by the Limca Book of Records. He also remained Irrigation & Power Minister during joint Punjab and he is remembered for his contribution in the creation of the Bhakra Nangal Project.
|Is Not Alive|| |
|Death Date|| |
|Reason in case of Deactivation|
|Remarks For Deactivation|| |