||Speaker, Haryana Vidhan Sabha
|No. of times Elected MLA:
||Two i.e. in 2014 and 2019
|Place and Date of Birth:
||Derabassi, May 25, 1948
||Late Shri Ram Sarup
|Mother Name :
||Late Smt. Parvati Devi
||Smt. Bimla Rani
||One Son and One Daughter
| Place of Education:
||D.A.V. Higher Secondary School, Sector-8, Chandigarh
||Hindi, English and Punjabi
||Tourism and Social Work
||Cricket and Badminton
||U.S.A, China, South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Maldives, Canada, France, Switzerland and Italy.
|Office, if any held in:
- State President B.J.P State Chandigarh (U.T.) during 1991-92, 1993-95, 1995-97,
- Mayor, Municipal Corporation, Chandigarh (U.T.) from 23.12.1997 to 23.12.1998
- State Treasurer, Bhartiya Janata Party, Haryana Pradesh during 2002-2005, 2009-2012.
- State Vice President, Bhartiya Janata Party 2006-2008, Haryana State.
- State Convener “Ajeewan Sahyog Nidhi” Haryana Pradesh
- Chairman, Public Accounts Committee, Haryana Vidhan Sabha from 24.04.2015 to 26.10.2019
- Government Chief Whip, Haryana from 08.03.2016 to 26.10.2019
|Conference/ Seminar/ Study Tour Attended:
- Conference of Chairpersons of the Public Accounts Committee, Parliament and State/UT Legislatures held on 08th September, 2015 in the Parliament House Annexe, New Delhi.
- 18th All India Whips Conference held at Udaipur (Rajasthan) on 8th & 9th January, 2018.
- National Legislators Conference held on 10th & 11th March, 2018 in New Delhi.
- Training-cum-Workshop on “New Strategies in rural Development and Achievement of Sustainable Development goals” from 18th to 20th December, 2018 at National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Hyderabad.
- 79th Conference of Presiding Officers and Secretaries of Legislative Bodies held at Dehradun (Uttarakhand) from 17th to 21st December, 2019.
- Seminar on “Women’s Participation in Decision Making” held at Punjab University, Chandigarh on 6th January, 2020 organized by National Commission for Women, Government of Haryana.
- 7th CPA India Region Conference held at Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) from 15th to 19th January,2020.
- Seminar on “Public Policy and legislative Process” held at Haryana Vidhan Sabha, Chandigarh on 6th August, 2020 organized by Centre for Civil Society, New Delhi.
- 80th All India Presiding Officers’ Conference held at Kevadiya (Statue of Unity), Gujrat from 25th to 26th November, 2020.
- 81st All India Presiding Officers’ Conference (AIPOC) in Virtual Mode on 15th September, 2021.
- 82nd All India Presiding Officers Conference held at Shimla (Himachal Pradesh) from 16th to 19th November, 2021.
- Centennial Celebrations of Public Accounts Committee of Parliament of India held in Central Hall, Parliament House, New Delhi on 4th & 5th December, 2021.
- 8th CPA India Region Conference held at Guwahati (Assam) from 11th to 12th April, 2022.
- 65th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference (CPC) held at Halifax (Canada) from 22nd to 26th August, 2022.
- 12th Annual National Conclave of Bhartiya Chhatra Sansad (Indian Student Parliament) at Pune on 16th September, 2022.
- 83rd All India Presiding Officers’ Conference held at Jaipur (Rajasthan) on 11th & 12th January, 2023.
|Any Other Information:
- Actively Participated in ‘Shri Ram Janam Bhoomi Andolan’in 1992
- Went to Jail during ‘Ram Setu Andolan’
- Took Active Part in Party Programms : Dr. Murli Manohar Joshi Ji, Ekta Tiranga Yatra, Ram Rath Yatra, Janadesh Yatra, Bharat Uday Yatra (Convener Haryana Pradesh, Jana Desh Yatra etc.)
|Social Activities Held:
- Honorary Treasurer: Haryana State Red Cross Society.
- National Senior Vice President: Akhil Bhartiya Udyog Vyapar Mandal.
- National Executive Member: International Vaish Federation & Akhil Bhartiya Aggarwal Sammelan.
- National Executive Member: Akhil Bhartiya Aggarwal Sammelan.
- Chairman: Ashwani Gupta Memorial Educational, Sports & Charitable Trust (Regd.)
- Chairman, Sports Promotion Society (Regd.), Panchkula.
- President, Haryana State Rowing Federation (Regd.)
- Sr. Vice President, Haryana State Badminton Association.
- Advisor: Chandigarh Beopar Mandal
- President; Chandigarh Flour Mills Association (Regd.)
- General Secretary, Samarpan Trust (Regd.)
||Public Administration and Social matters.
||H. No. 94 Sector 17, Panchkula
||Kothi No. 49, Sector 2, Chandigarh
|Telephone Number and Fax:
||00-91-172-2740030 (O)00-91-172-2747075 (Fax) (O)