||Gian Chand Gupta, Shri
|Date Of Birth
||Dera Bassi ( Distt Patiala)
|Father's Name|| Late Sh. Ram Sarup|
|Marital Status|| married|
|Spouse Name|| Mrs. Bimla Rani|
|No. Of Sons|| 1|
|No. Of Daughters|| 1|
|Qualifications|| Higher Secondary, D.A.V. Higher School, Sector-8|
|Place Of Education|| Chandigarh|
|Present Profession|| Industrialist, Businessman|
|Language Known|| Hindi, English, Punjabi.|
|Social Activities|| • Honorary Treasure: Haryana State Red Cross Society.
• National Senior Vice President: Akhil Bhartiya Udyog Vyapar Mandal.
• National Executive Member: International Vaish Federation & Akhil Bhartiya Aggarwal Sammelan.
• National Executive Member: Akhil Bhartiya Aggarwal Sammelan.
• Chairman: Ashwani Gupta Memorial Education, Sports & Charitable Trust (Regd.)
• Chairman, Sports Promotion Society (Regd.) Panchkula.
• President, Haryana State Rowing Federation (Regd.)
• Sr. Vice President, Haryana State Badminton Association.
• Advisor: Chandigarh Beopar Mandal.
• President: Chandigarh Flour Mills Association (Regd.)
• General Secretary, SamarpanTrust (Regd.)
|Hobbies|| Tourism & Social Work|
|Favourite Past Time|| |
|Sports And Clubs|| Cricket & Badminton|
|Foreign Travels|| USA, China, South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand & Singapore.|
|Office If Any|| • State President, Bhartiya Janata Party, Chandigarh(U.T) during 1991—92, 1993-1995,
• Mayor, Municipal Corporation, Chandigarh from 23-12-1997 to 23-12-1998.
• State Treasure, Bhartiya Janata Party, Haryana Pradesh during 2002-2005, 2009-2012.
• State Vice President, Bhartiya Janata Party 2006-2008, Haryana State.
• State Convener “Ajeewan Sahyog Nidhi” Haryana Pradesh.
• Chairman, Public Accounts Committee, Haryana Vidhan Sabha from 24-04-2015 to 26-
• Government Chief Whip, Haryana from 08-03-2016 to 26-10-2019.
|Confrences Attended|| • Conference of Chairpersons of the Public Accounts Committee, Parliament and State/ UT
Legislatures Held on 08-09-2015 in the Parliament House Annexe, New Delhi.
• 18th All India Whips Conference held at Udaipur (Rajasthan) on 8 and 9-01-2018.
• National Legislators Conference Held on 10th & 11th March, 2018 in New Delhi.
• Training-cum-Workshop on “ New Strategies in Rual Development and Achievement of
Sustainable Development Goals” from 18th to 20th December,2018 at National Institute of
Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Hyderabad.
• 79th Conference of Presiding Officers and Secretaries of Legislative Bodies held at Dehradun (Uttrakhand) from 17 to 21 December, 2019;
• Seminar on “Women’s Participation in Decision Making” Held at Punjab University, Chandigarh on 6th January, 2020 organized by National Commission for Women, Government of India;
• 7th CPA India Region Conference held at, Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) from 15th to 19th January,
|No. Of Times Elected||2|
|Years Of Election|| 2014, 2019|
|Favourite Subjects|| Public Administration & Social Matters.|
|Permanent Address|| H.No. 94 Sector 17, Panchkula|
|Total Votes|| 209773|
|Total Votes Polled|| 124804|
|Winning Candidate Votes|| 61537|
|Nearest Rival Votes|| 55904|
|Other Information|| • Actively Participated in ‘Shri Ram Janam Bhoomi Andolan’ in
• Went to Jail During “Ram Setu Andolan”;
• Took Active Part in Party Programms: Dr. Murli Manohar Joshi Ji, Ekta Tiranga Yatra, Ram Rath Yatra, Janadesh Yatra, Bharat Uday Yatra, Convener Haryana Pradesh, Jana Desh Yatra etc.|
|Is Not Alive|| |
|Death Date|| |
|Reason in case of Deactivation|
|Remarks For Deactivation|| |