XV. Subject Committee on Social Justice & Empowerment, Women & Child Development and welfare of Sc & Bc
278. Constitution of Subject Committee –
(1) There shall be a Committee to be called the Subject Committee on Social Justice & Empowerment,Women & Child Development and Welfare of Scheduled Castes & Backward Classes consisting of not more than
nine members to be nominated by the Speaker.
(2) The term of office of the members of the Committee shall be one year.
279.Function of the Committee on Social Justice & Empowerment, Women & Child Development and Welfare of Scheduled Castes & Backward Classes . –
(1) The functions of the Committee shall be-
(i) to scrutinize the demands for grants;
(ii) to examine the working of these departments and to suggest measures for improvement in administration and in different programmes/schemes/projects;
(iii) to examine legislation;
(iv) to advise Government on a question of policy or legislation on which Government may consult a Committee;
(v) to discuss generally and formulate views on-
(a) State’s Five Year Plan Programmes relating to these departments and their implementation;
(b) Reports of Public Undertakings under these departments;
(c) Reports of any statutory or other body, including any Commission of Inquiry, which are laid before the House relating to these departments; and
d) Annual Performance Reports of these departments .
(2) The Subject Committee shall not examine or investigate matters of day-to-day administration.